Come Dive with Houston's Best Dive Shop!!
For a limited time if you purchase your Personal Diving Diving Package from us your class is only $249.00**, better yet buy your Total Diving System and Personal Diving Package and your course is FREE!*
What consists of a personal diving package?
- Wetsuit (we will supply a winter suit if needed as long as you buy one suitable for whatever trip you might be going on)
- Weights? OF COURSE NOT!! You never have to buy weights when you dive Outside of the Asylum of high prices and low services!
- Remember that all equipment at OTA Diving & Travel is sold at the guaranteed lowest prices. We will match any authorized dealers advertised price, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!
*Total class price will be refunded upon purchase of the Total Diving System. Total Diving System must be purchased within 7 days of your orientation session.
After 4 years traveling and working at the world's best diving destinations Jeanne Cinquegrana and Morad Hassan have brought their love of all things scuba back to the Houston/Katy/Sugarland Metro Area!
Jeanne and Morad are award winning, internationally renowned instructors with well over 10,000 Open Water dives between them, and live only for making divers and having enormous fun doing it.
During your Open Water Class we will teach you all the basic skills needed so that you can have a safe and amazing time scuba diving!
Whether it's exotic destinations like, The Red Sea, Bora Bora, The Maldives, or right here in Houston we will make sure you will get the training you need to accomplish your goal of becoming an Open Water Scuba Diver!
What does this course include?
1) FREE ONLINE INSTRUCTION!!!* You will do your independent study portion online. You also get a free digital logbook and digital certification card.
2) Up to three consecutive evenings of pool instruction to teach you all the skills to get you ready for your exciting Open Water Weekend!
3) Two days of Open Water Diving on Saturday and Sunday to finish your Open Water Class and celebrate your new Open Water Certification!
4) Your Total Diving System which is needed to successfully complete your course. This includes your Scuba Regulator and gauges, Buoyancy control device (BCD), and Dive Computer.
5) Scuba Tanks, and all weights and weight systems (we never will make you buy weights).
Classes start every Monday, the schedule goes like this:
- Monday 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM Orientation & Final Exam
- Tuesday 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM Pool
- Wednesday 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM Pool
- Thursday 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM (optional)
- Friday Total Diving System Fitting/Day off
- Saturday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Checkout dives
- Saturday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM Checkout dives
Need a more flexible, personalized schedule? NO PROBLEM! We can arrange for private lessons according to your schedule for less money than you think. Please call us at 855 OTA DIVE/855 682 3483 for more information
To enroll in an Open Water Diver course, you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
What will you learn?
The Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Online Knowledge Development to understand basic principles of scuba diving
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills
- Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore!
How can you start learning now?
Easy! Once payment is received you will be contacted so that we can get your online courses sent to you. You will receive instructions on how to access your online materials. The course materials will be available to you FOREVER via the SSI website, www.divessi.com on any Windows Based or Mac computer, or via the SSI app on any IOS or Android device. Best yet the class can be accessed either online, or the class downloaded an unlimited amount of times to any of the aforementioned mobile devices.
Not sure if you want to take the plunge? No worries, simply click on the links below to access the 1st few chapters of the SSI Open Water Manual or better yet, call us at 855 OTA DIVE and we'll do a complementary Try Scuba Dive with you!*
*Try Scuba is only complementary if you sign up for the Open Water Class immediately after your Try Dive, otherwise it is $75 dollars which will be collected in advance and applied to the price of your Open Water Class.
Breathing underwater for the first time is something you’ll never forget, so don’t wait.
- Click the "Add To Cart" Button to enroll in your Open Water Diver course with Outside The Asylum Diving & Travel. One of our Scuba Diving specialists will contact you within one business day to schedule your course.
- If you have any questions feel free to call us at 855 OTA DIVE/855 682 3483
- Until then remember to always keep breathing!!
- Still not sure? Click the link below for a free preview of the course.
What is not included?
1) Your personal kit which consists of Mask, Snorkel, Fins, Boots, and a light wetsuit.
Remember we sell for the lowest prices allowed by our manufactures so you will not find your personal gear cheaper!! In fact if you find it advertised for less at ANY authorized dealer WE WILL MATCH THAT PRICE NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!!
You will also get OTA's perfect fit guarantee that allows you to exchange your gear if it does not perform to your expectations!
**Please call for more details**
2) Open Water Facility fees, these range from $20 to $40 per day depending on the facility.
3) Manual and certification if no personal gear was purchased.
**If you do not purchase your personal gear package from us the price of the course is $595 dollars ($450.00 + $145 for the manual and certification fee).