Hollis DCX First Stage
Hollis newest flagship first stage is the DCX, design by divers for divers. Every feature is designed with high performance and superior manufacturing at every step. The DCX is surrounded by the most durable coating available today, PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition). The DCX was been redesigned to reduce weight while improving angle of LP and HP ports to maximize hoses routing. Hollis has made it an industry standard to include the 5th LP port making the DCX the diver's first choice for back-mounted doubles, side mount or even for the recreational diver that demands the same performance as a technical diver.
The DCX 1st Stage Regulator is an over-balanced diaphragm regulator design that provides progressively greater intermediate pressure as depth and gas density increases for superior gas delivery under the most extreme conditions. The diaphragm membrane transmits the pressure changes to the internal mechanism eliminating the need for the surrounding water to enter the intricate mechanism. The benefit of this type of first stage design is that none of the internal parts are exposed to contaminants such as salt, sand, chlorine or pool acids. These environmental contaminants cause corrosion and mineral deposits to form on the internal mechanism deteriorating regulator performance. The standard diaphragm regulator does allow water into the mainspring chamber so that the diaphragm can perform this transmission of pressure changes.
With the DCX there is a secondary environmental diaphragm membrane that seals off the spring chamber keeping the first stage completely sealed off from the environment adding a second layer of corrosion resistance and the environmental sealing prevents icing of the first stage, allowing the regulator to withstand the rigorous CE standard for cold-water performance. Regulator comes with a CD Owner's Manual.
This product has a limited warranty of 12 months.
Hollis DCX First Stage Only Features
- Hollis DCX First Stage Only
- Hollis Newest Flagship First Stage
- DCX, Design by Divers for Divers
- Every Feature Designed w/High Performance, Superior Manufacturing at Every Step
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) Finish
- PVD: Most Durable Coating Available Today
- Redesigned to Reduce Weight
- Improving Angle of LP and HP Ports, Maximize Hoses Routing
- Five 3/8" Threaded Low Pressure Port Design
- 5th LP Port: 1'st Choice for Back-Mounted Doubles, Side Mount or Demanding Recreational Divers
- Two 7/16" Threaded High Pressure Ports
- Over-Balanced Diaphragm Regulator Design
- Provides Progressively Greater Intermediate Pressure with Increased Depth and Gas Density
- Superior Gas Delivery Under Most Extreme Conditions
- Dual Diaphragm Design: Completely Seals Internal Components from Environment
- Environmental Sealing Prevents Icing
- Material: Forged Marine-Grade PVD Finished Brass
- Nitrox Compatible to 40% Out-of-the-Box
- Meets Rigorous CE Standard for Coldwater Performance
- CD Owner's Manual