In the summer of 2009, the U.S.S. Kittiwake - a 251 foot, 5 deck, 2200 ton vessel decommissioned in 1994 after over 50 years of proud service providing diver/submarine support - will be sunk in the warm waters off Grand Cayman, creating a new home for marine life and promoting biodiversity.
The ship will be located in the calm, crystal clear, turquoise seas off the northern end of Seven Mile Beach, on the west side of the island. The ship will provide underwater enthusiasts of all skill levels with a new year-round diving destination that is both easy to access and a thrill to explore. Situated at a depth of 65 feet below the surface, exploration of the U.S.S. Kittiwake will allow lots of bottom time for divers, while the top of the bridge, located just 15 feet beneath the water's surface, will be an exciting attraction for snorkelers. This unique card provides a detailed depiction of the U.S.S. Kittiwake Wreck. Each waterproof card is printed on both sides, made of durable PVC plastic and is designed to be taken on the dive. They are also 3-hole punched to fit in standard log books or on lanyards. Card measures (W x L) 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm) and makes a great gift idea.
3D USS Kittiwake - Grand Cayman, Waterproof Dive Site Card Features
- Historical Ship Wreck 3D I.D. Card
- 3-Hole-Punched for Lanyard or Binder
- Dimensions: W x L: 5.5" x 8.5" (14cm x 21.6cm)
- Easily-Stows in BCD Pocket
- U.S.S. Kittiwake Map
- Material: Waterproof PVC Plastic
- Provides Dive Plan Information
- Log Date, Depth and Time on Card
- Colorful "Life Like" Art Work
- Provides Detailed Information on the U.S.S. Kittiwake Wreck
- Know What-You're-Looking-At Before-the-Dive
- Ease of Maintenance: Rinse with Fresh Water after Day in the Sea
- Great Gift Idea